Montane Mezzo Daypack Gear Review – Lightweight multipurpose fully featured daypack.
Price: £38 up to £55 each in the UK depending on size.
Pros: It’s a bit like the Tardis, plus it’s comfortable, versatile, and a great price.
Cons: Nothing much that we could find. Does what it says on the tin.
Montane Mezzo Daypack Description
Boasting a dynamic feature set, options for expansion and overloading as well as compression, the Montane Mezzo Daypack is extremely versatile ideal for hiking, multi-pitch climbing and everything in between. With an extremely comfortable and stable harness this lightweight daypack oozes functionality.
- Extremely comfortable, padded and highly breathable air mesh back panel.
- Ergonomic, padded and highly breathable yoke style shoulder straps.
- Off-centre Montane Click and Go chest harness strap.
- Front zipped quick access pocket (22 litre only).
- Open front stash pocket with stretch side panels.
- Top compression straps with compression wing.
- Walking pole attachment points.
- LED light slot and reflective detailing.
- Side stretch mesh wand pockets.
- Internal zipped organisation pocket with key clip.
- Hydration bladder compatible.
Montane Mezzo Daypack Specifications
- Weight 335g up to 510g depending on size.
- RAPTOR Grid 210 denier main fabric.
- CONTACT Air Mesh Plus on harness and back pad.
- HALO lining.
The Jurassic Verdict
Jurassic think the Montane Mezzo Daypack is an awesome bit of kit manufactured to cover a gap in the backpack market. Montane have filled that gap with this versatile Mezzo daypack. It come in three sizes, ranging from 22 litres, then 16 litres, and then a dinky 10 litre capacity. Doctor Who would have been pleased to have these daypacks with him as they belie their size by being ingeniously cavernous!
The Mezzo has all sorts of clever expanding areas, pockets and exterior storage points. The one that we really love is the external rear flap that comes in useful for all sorts of items, especially in our case for the stowage of our short ropes. The Mezzo is ideal for general daypacking plus hill walking and hill walking with some scrambling or climbing involved at some point. We also found the Mezzo great for days at the sport crag where you are generally running with light gear and a short rope.
If that grabs you then wait until you feel the comfort and the ease of use when worn on your back, they are superb.
Plus as always you get the excellent design and quality perfection which runs through the full Montane range of products. The Montane Mezzo Daypack will be a pleaser for any walker, hillwalker, scrambler, and daypack climber!